Passing Conversations takes place on an early autumn Saturday morning in Fairfield County, Connecticut. We are invited into the home of Terrance and Lillian to experience how family and friends navigate the final stages of Terrance’s illness. The gathering is an opportunity to meet and connect without regret – to share their love, strength, courage, and hope for the future. The play is beautifully written and offers poignantly realistic examples of those conversations and relationships. A wonderful moment in time and the gift of opportunity.
PowPAC welcomes and encourages actors of all ethnicities, gender identities, and abilities to audition for these roles.
● Auditions will be held at: PowPAC Community Theatre, 13250 Poway Rd, Poway, CA 92064
○ Auditions are upstairs; Elevator access in rear of building.
● Auditions will be held on Monday, July 24 and Tuesday, July 25, 2023. 7:00-9:00 p.m.
○ Please arrive early for paperwork and rehearsal schedule comparison.
● Callbacks will be by invitation on Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 7pm, if required.
● First read-through Saturday, July 29th at 9:30am.
● Auditions will consist of cold reads from the script and other media chosen by the director.
● Please bring a resume of theatrical experience and a headshot.
● Appointments not necessary.
● For additional information and questions, please contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Watch for updated information on our Auditions webpage at www.powpac.org and on our Facebook page.
● British accent required for the role of Lillian.
● French accent required for the role of Ayn.
Compensation & Union Contract Details
● No Pay – Volunteer Organization
Rehearsals and Performance Dates:
● Rehearsal schedule will be: Monday through Thursday OR Sunday through Wednesday, 6:00-10:00 p.m.; based on cast availability
● Sunday evenings might be added within the last 2 (2) to three (3) weeks of rehearsals, if required.
● Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. and Sundays at 2:00 p.m. from Friday, September 15th through Sunday, October 8th, 2023.
● Saturday, September 23rd and Saturday, October 7th will have a matinee performance at 2:00 pm and an evening performance at 8:00 pm.
About the Play:
Passing Conversations is an honest look at how one family navigates the unknown of a loved one passing. The conversations are honest and real.
This is a world-premier production; and the cast will be forever known as the first cast highlighted in future publications of the script.
Casting eight (8) Performers; descriptions can be found at: http://powpac.org/misc_pages/auditions.php?id=301
About the Director:
Kelli Harless has been actively involved in community theater in San Diego county since 2001 and has experience both onstage and behind the scenes. Kelli is honored to direct this original work – Passing Conversations. Kelli most recently directed 1940’s Radio Christmas Carol last Christmas Season here at PowPAC. Other shows she has directed include Sense & Sensibility by Kate Hamill and 1940’s Radio Hour – both at Patio Playhouse. Passing Conversations is a precious glimpse into one family’s world at a critical moment in time. Love, laughter, friendship, relationships, and life. We experience the joy of the moments taken.
About the Producers:
Lynn Wolsey began her producing career in 2007 with Agnes of God. She now has 28 PowPAC productions under her belt, many of which were nominated or won awards for “Best Production.” Among her favorites are The Rainmaker, Cowgirls, The Sugar Bean Sisters, The Savannah Sipping Society and Wrong Window.
JOEL COLBOURN has been active in community theater with PowPAC for more than 20 years, having been recruited by his wife, Sherrie, a retired Equity actress. He has been as PowPAC’s Construction Manager for most of that time and served as President for 5 years. Joel has produced over 30 PowPAC shows over the years, many with Lynn. Recent shows produced include Dashing Through the Snow, Same Time Next Year, and Jake’s Women.
PowPAC, Poway’s Community Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization fully run by volunteers. PowPAC is a proud member of AACT, ACT-SD, San Diego Performing ArtsLeague, Theatre Alliance, San Diego Theatre Connection, and the Poway Chamber of Commerce. PowPAC welcomes and encourages volunteers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and abilities to be a part of our organization.
Acclaimed playwright, Terrence, has returned to his Connecticut home, at the insistence of his wife Lillian, during the final days of his terminal illness. During an autumnal Saturday morning in the beauty of the garden patio, multi-generational family and friends stop in to see Terrence and have the conversations that so many of us wish we could with someone we love. Peppered with comedic moments, commonsense, and camaraderie, Passing Conversations reminds us that life and love are precious and leaves the audience with a sense of hope, faith, and a little good fortune.