The Costume Character will serve as an easily recognizable “signature” representation of LEGOLAND California. Entertains guests and promotes LEGOLAND California on a daily basis throughout the park and at periodic off- site special events.
Scope and Responsibilities:
1. Provides entertainment, amusement, and interactive activities for guests at LEGOLAND California by taking every opportunity to interact with guests throughout the park. Exceeds guest service expectation.
2. Represents LEGOLAND California in the best manner possible by maintaining the integrity and artistic value of all presentations when performing in the park and on special events.
3. Performs in a full body costume for upwards of 40 minutes at a time. Performance includes stationary meet & greets and/or dancing.
4. Acts as a costume character escort, becoming the eyes, ears and voice of the character and building the relationship between character and guest.
5. Communicates with the Entertainment and Events Departments regarding the maintenance, care, and storage of all costumes.
6. Informs Lead or Supervisor of any problems, concerns or delays that may occur.
7. Follows all park, departmental, and facility procedures.
8. Cooperates with all Entertainment and park Model Citizens.
Learns and performs other roles and duties as required.
Background and Experience:
Previous Costume Character experience is preferred. Experience in customer service field is required. Ability to move in and withstand wearing hot and heavy costume for up to 40 minutes at a time is necessary. Demonstrated enthusiasm and creativity. Requires the ability to skillfully and effectively communicate solely through action. Timeliness, thoroughness and the ability to adapt to situational changes is required.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
– Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park and event operations.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
– Must be willing to travel periodically throughout Southern California for special events.
– Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces must be tolerated.
Additional information can be found at: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/18992?c=merlin