Basic working knowledge of technical entertainment equipment. Supports live shows, events, and entertainment venues, able to operate displays according to the standards set by Resort Experience Management. Supports and assists with the Resort Experience Management team at all times in the day-to-day operation of the Department.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
-Wearing a safety harness when it’s required
-Following working at heights SOP and ensure tools are properly secured when working at heights.
-Wearing proper PPE when working with power tools or chemicals that require PPE.
-Use proper lifting techniques and with fellow MCs that are in Entertainment.
-Stretching and warming up muscles
1. Capable of operating audio, lighting, special effects, and video equipment for live shows. Ensures all show cues are taken as required by Resort Management. Responsible for technical elements of shows and show venues.
2. Working knowledge of entertainment technology to include one of the following disciplines: audio, lighting, video, and special effects.
3. Willingness to learn and become proficient in multiple technical disciplines as required.
4. Understanding of entertainment terminology as it relates to equipment, staging, show cues, and scripts.
5. Carries out all necessary technical pre and post-show checks of equipment and props to ensure all equipment’s safety and good working order.
6. Carries out regular maintenance checks on all equipment at the facility and reports all incidents and defects to a Resort Experience Manager.
7. Knowledge of basic electrics, able to trouble-shoot signal flow effectively.
8. Able to obtain certification to operate a forklift, genie lift, and scissor lift.
9. Assists with load-in and load-out of special events production equipment and decoration throughout the park.
10. Basic carpentry skills and willingness to operate power tools.
11. Assembles scenery and staging.
12. Follow Spot operation.
13. Demonstrate care and maintenance of equipment and tools.
14. Lends assistance to other LEGOLAND departments as necessary.
15. Collects facility keys at the start of each day and is responsible for opening and securing the facility at the end of each day.
16. Attend all show rehearsals as required to train and maintain LEGOLAND California’s show program.
17. Monitor sound levels of assigned show location.
18. Maintains a clean and safe environment in the control, stage, and backstage areas at all times.
19. Complies with safety regulations, operating equipment per safety guidelines and procedures.
20. Completes a daily Show Report, outlining pertinent information from the day’s operation.
21. Assists any other LEGOLAND departments in maintaining clean and safe facility environments whenever possible.
22. Assists as required in all emergency procedures as outlined by the emergency plan.
23. Reports to Resort (70) Duty on venue status (show ready) at the beginning of each day. Informs Duty of any show issues immediately throughout the day.
24. Personal conduct reflecting the Merlin Values.
25. Able to lift at least 25lbs
Background and Experience:
1. Requires at least two years of experience in theme park technical services or equivalent experience.
2. Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative.
3. Leads by example with a demonstrated history of supporting colleagues as a team player.
4. Strong problem-solving skills and dedication to providing outstanding guest service.
5. Requires the ability to remain calm under pressure.
A high school diploma or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is preferred.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and holidays, and weekends, to support park operations.
Compensation for the opportunity is $18.00
*Compensation Rates are dependent upon skills and experiences related to the opportunity*
Additional details can be found at: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/18973?c=merlin