Support the Production manager in the coordination and production of creating shows and experiences. Supports Entertainment Department in the production shows rehearsals and entertainment while maintaining high standards in communication and show quality.
Work with Production Manager to plan, prep, and facilitate auditions for all performers resort wide.
Work with the Production Manager to review casting needs for shows and daily operations.
Work with the Production Manager and Human Resources to facilitate onboarding for incoming performers.
Support Stage Managers & production manager in doing show performer assessments and evaluations.
Contribute to the Pre-production of shows, arranging scripts, call sheets.
Have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of shows, write shows or direct shows as assigned.
Ensure all show footage and assets are archived and recorded in an organized manner.
Produce special projects/ experiences as assigned.
Work with Costuming department to schedule fittings and ensure all the cast are fully costumed for opening shows.
Conducts training for new Costume characters and Costume character performers.
Leads rehearsals for new casts and ensures all performs have all required script, must and learning materials.
Leads touch up rehearsals for new cast members or contingency shows.
Responsible for ensuring new talent is receiving department orientation, park orientation, and any additional relevant trainings coinciding with the performer’s role.
Work with the Production Manager to create Production Books for shows, including look books, scripted, call sheets.
Work with the Production Manager to create grids and breakdowns for resort shows and operations.
Administrative work, to include scheduling rehearsals, mapping out performer operation schedules, payroll documents, & other admin duties as assigned.
Be the liaison between numerous departments to develop or remount various event offerings, i.e. work with technical, costuming, operations, etc.
Serve as Department Duty Manager as needed.
Schedule break out meetings with the Operations and Production teams to ensure stage managers and directors are prepped and prepared for upcoming rehearsals
Foster a safe, positive, and professional work environment.
Background and Experience:
· Requires experience in Theatre, Performing Arts, or equivalent experience in Stage Management or Stage Direction.
· Must have at least 3 years of experience in Theme Park Entertainment.
· At least 2 years of experience in Choreography, Script Writing or Stage Direction.
· Must have full/flexible availability including late nights for rehearsals and holidays.
· Must possess demonstrated leadership abilities.
· Strong problem-solving skills and dedicated to providing outstanding guest service. Requires the ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Requires strong organizational and communication skills with a good attention to detail. Ability to multi-task.
· Bachelor’s degree in theatre/performing arts or related field or equivalent professional
experience within Entertainment/Theatre industry.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings & weekends to support rehearsals and Resort operations.
Additional details may be found at: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=merlin&cfdd[id]=21&cfdd[options]=241&country=us&state=ca