LEGOLAND California is seeking Entertainment Assistant Managers to perform as the role of Stage managers who are detail-oriented, highly motivated, and proactive. Our stage management positions fuse the fundamentals of entertainment stage management and company management practices, with responsibility to lead, supervise, and take ownership of the rehearsal process and subsequent daily operation of their assigned show venue, event or experience. This role manages multiple performances and/or multiple experiences each day or night (including Hotel Operations) with a focus on maintaining show quality, developing, and motivating their cast and crew, facilitating communication, administrative responsivities and creating a harmonious work environment.
· Serve as daily leadership supporting and operating all Entertainment shows, Events and experiences, maintaining the artistic and technical integrity. Knowledge of all positions necessary for show operation.
· Complete administrative duties as assigned including but not limited to: scheduling, time keeping and payroll, performance tracking, daily show reports, show archiving and production book upkeep, updating of Standard Operating Procedures.
· On a day to day basis be the point od contact for all performers, characters and techs etc. dealing with movement and gaps to ensure the resort operations runs smooth and as advertised.
· Serve as Department Duty Manager.
· Responsible for supervision of areas to include but not limited to: technicians, event support, costume/dresser, usher teams, performers and liaison with other work groups and other department duty managers.
· Perform show audits and show reports.
· Attend all rehearsals and auditions for existing and upcoming productions, events, etc.
· Work with the Production Team & Technical Teams for performer/technician brush up rehearsals, put in and sign-off shows & further development needs.
· Lead, coach, and develop cast and crew including but not limited to delivering show notes, maintaining performance trackers, providing daily department and resort updates, setting team goals, and foster a positive guest experience with children as the primary focus
· Act as front-line management representative and liaison with Entertainment Technical Support, Production Management.
· Attend stage manager production and development meetings as assigned
· Foster a fun, safe, positive, and professional work environment & serve as a park leadership ambassador for guests.
· Ensure all consumables and operating supplies are kept in stock and ordered.
· Cross train into other roles providing Stage Manager coverage and/or train for department duty shifts
· Perform all cleaning duties as assigned with maintaining greenroom, workspaces and stages.
· Work with our Costuming sub department to ensure all LEGO Costume Characters are maintained and repairs are taken care of quickly.
· Leads by example to ensure MCs meet or exceed the Guest Obsession standards. Performs necessary follow-up and performance management and coaching for MC’s.
· Ensures that Department Standards (safety, service, cleanliness, efficiency, wardrobe, etc.) are maintained through MC monitoring, auditing, training and recertification.
· Ensures proper cleanliness and staffing levels, overseeing completion of opening safety checklists, and completing prompt review and sign-off of opening safety checklists.
· Other duties as assigned
Background and Experience:
· Minimum 2 years practical Stage Management experience or a similar combination of theme park / entertainment industry leadership experience OR Event / project management experience.
· A minimum of 2+ years in Supervisory role/ leading employees.
· Must have excellent organizational, problem solving and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
· Knowledge of entertainment shows, event and experience logistics, including but not limited to: basic theatrical lighting and audio systems, basic playback control, theming and scenic familiarity, production books, standard operational and safety procedures.
· Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Provide technical support and service for events or for other department needs, and performer other functions as directed by Entertainment leadership when benefiting the department and the Resort.
Education: College Degree (Preferred) Performing & Theatre Arts /Entertainment Management or equivalent experience in theatre or entertainment related discipline.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support Hotel operations, evening Load ins and Resort operations.
Additional details may be found at: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=merlin&cfdd[id]=21&cfdd[options]=241&country=us&state=ca